Monday, October 17, 2011

How the French do American Sandwiches

Tonight at Pic, the student bar on campus, there was an American themed repas (plate). Each week there is a different theme. One week it was a romance theme and if you bought a sandwich you got a rose. Cheesy things like that. Anyways I was interested to see how they interpreted American sandwiches seeing as their hamburgers were far from American. I got my plate and the sandwich had three slices of bread (this is a lot for the French), two slices of ham in each layer, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise all held together with a toothpick. The sandwich was accompanied by chips and candy haha. There were sour gummies, root beer cans, and my favorite, gummy bears. It was a pretty good meal and the biggest sandwich I have seen since being here. Although I was not too fond of the white bread, it was delicious all the same. One recommendation I would have for future American themed sandwiches would be to do a turkey and ham combo. I think Mark from the IEP house needs to show these guys what an American sandwich is; although, they are headed in the right direction.



No comments:

Post a Comment