Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Would you just look at it!

I saw the sun for the first time in days today, maybe even weeks! It was luxurious. It was not too chilly either. I decided to walk into town after I met with Marin. Oh yeah, Marin is the name of the boy that I am helping with his English, finally found out his name.


Every year Compiègne has a marché de Noel. I saw it being set up last week, but its in full swing now. It is set up in the center of town, in front of l'hôtel de ville, otherwise known as the city hall. There are a few stands selling some Christmas ornaments, fruitcakes, of course, and some other little Christmasy goods. There was also a vendor selling bretzels, hot mulled wine, crêpes, and even churros. They are very multicultural. Hot mulled wine may be the best invention ever! It is so warming and delicious. A perfect drink for a day with a little nip in the air. 




Slowly by slowly more and more stores are putting up decorations. I am so excited. I love the Christmas spirit! There are real Christmas trees and everything lining the streets to the center of town. The ones at the marché are sprayed with fake snow haha. I can't wait to go back at night and see everything lit up.

1 comment:

  1. That wine, in Germany, is called Gluhwein. Isn't it so good?

    ReplyDelete