Friday, February 3, 2012

Chapter 1 : Identity Theft

On Wednesday, January 18th I headed to Charles de Gaulle to meet Elena!! It was already a good day. We then headed to the mall because what else do we do but shop! Elena bought a cute Longchamp bag with the Eiffel Tour on it. Our next stop was crêpes, and onto the Gare du Nord to head back to Compiègne. That night we made dinner at home and Elena thoroughly enjoyed it because she was used to eating noodles and rice. We bought a bottle of wine to celebrate our reunion and being in France. On Thursday I had to study because I had my last final on Friday. It was a very low key day. On Friday morning I took my exam and was finally done with my semester (and I passed all my classes :))! I then had to go to the bank because someone stole my identity. Of course, why not happen the day before I leave for my Eurotrip. I got it resolved but I would be without my French bank card for the whole trip which was not the most ideal situation, but still doable. That night we had champagne to celebrate me being done with school and the start of our trip. We then headed to a restaurant for dinner where we had more wine, and a fabulous meal. We were supposed to go to this bar for Irish coffees after dinner, but we didn’t quite make it.

Saturday morning came quickly and we had to pack up all our stuff and head to the airport. We were leaving for Berlin. Upon arriving at the airport, my metro ticket wouldn't let me through so in a panic, I decided the best idea would be to crawl under the turnstile. I successfully got to the other side only to see this huge black security guy waiting for me. I showed him my ticket and had to go to the desk so they could reissue me a new ticket. Luckily, we made it to the airport just in the knick of time and had a lovely hour and a half plane ride to Berlin. 

We landed and headed to the Hauptbahnhof to meet Alissa who was coming up from Munich. Not realizing how big the Berlin Hbf is, I thought it would be easy to find Alissa. Boy was I wrong. This place was a mini-mall with at least four floors. Elena and I set out in search for Alissa when we heard “Miss Elena Nicole we have a message for you. Please come to (insert some German word).” We rushed to the information desk just to find out that Alissa had just left. Awesome, we were never going to find her. I told Elena to stay there while I went to the Dunkin Donuts (yes, they have Dunkin Donuts in Berlin, who would have thought) which is Alissa’s favorite place for coffee to see if she was there. We must have just missed each other because when I headed back to where Elena was, Alissa was standing next to her with a DD cup in hand.  Either way, we were all reunited and headed to our hostel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment