Friday, February 3, 2012

Chapter 3 : Tschüssey

After dropping our stuff off and meeting up with Sean, the five of us headed to the school. We went mainly to get our own student ids so that we could use the tram system without having to pay and for Elena and Alissa to check it out. We ate lunch at the Mensa and had Swedish meatballs. Elena was thrilled! Afterwards we headed to the Schloss for a little retail therapy. Elena and Alissa both managed to find a pair of shoes. I, on the other hand, didn’t buy anything! I was so proud of myself.  That night for dinner we went to an all you can eat rib place with a bunch of other URI kids and some of their friends. It felt like we were back at the IEP, although Mark’s ribs are way better! We headed back to Sean’s room to play some drinking games and hang out. It was nice to be with familiar faces.

On Tuesday, all the URI kids had to do a walking tour for class and each had a different topic to talk about. Alissa, Elena, and I joined in on the tour. It was a great way for them to see the city, and we got to watch all our friends give a presentation in German! After walking around for a couple of hours, the three of us veered off and got some food and did some more shopping. Elena and Alissa both bought two more pairs of shoes, totaling theirs to three, and I bought two pairs. We all bought a pair of “Joker shoes” to be warn later that night at the Joker, which is a popular club in Braunschweig. The place is pretty gross, so we all bought a cheap pair of shoes that could get ruined, and in our case, left for Sean to throw out by the end of the night.

For dinner, Nick, Neil, Alissa, Elena, and I went to Schads (not sure of the spelling) to have schnitzel. I got Jaeger schnitzel and it was delicious. After dinner we headed back to Sean’s room for a little, well kinda big actually, pre-party before heading to the Joker. We obviously got all dolled up for our night out and were ready to dance the night away. Unfortunately, our night was cut a little short. After doing Absinthe shots, which are gross by the way, we only lasted about a half hour. Alissa brought Elena home; meanwhile, I was hanging out with Nick when I decided I wanted to go home. Alissa then came back to get me, but I had already left so she thought that she lost me, when really I was in the building next door. I never knew I was lost until the next morning when I went back to Sean’s room to get Elena and Alissa because we had to catch the train to catch our flight to Dublin. Alissa was furious, Elena was hungover, and I put us on the wrong tram so we missed our train to the airport and subsequently our flight to Dublin. This is the epitome of my time in Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment