Monday, September 5, 2011

Dio Boia

headed out

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post - it is because I was on a road trip around northern Europe! I went to Brussels, Ghent, Brugge, Amsterdam, and Lille, and a few other unexpected towns. I left last Wednesday on my first real adventure with nine other students I met in the summer program. There were kids from Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, and the US (me)! Let's just say that I am going to be learning Spanish very quickly. We rented two cars and headed out to explore. Everything went great and we saw so many different buildings, cathedrals, monuments, stores, people, and cultures.

just hanging out with a new friend

NCIS!! La Cantina

me and Ale


Phrase of the trip : Dio Boia
I dropped my camera - dio boia
We are on the wrong highway - dio doia
The hotel is not in Lille - dio boia
I spilled chocolate on me again - dio boia
(get the trend)


just BEing little

atomium in Brussels

converses in Europe


Highlights of the trip:
seeing hundreds of cathedrals - check
eating Belgium waffles - check
trying every free sample of Belgium chocolate - check
drinking a Hoegaarden in Belgium - check
eating lunch in the park - check
speaking in a British accent - check
paying to use the bathroom - check
seeing millions of tulips - check
going to the red district - check
visiting the Heineken factory - check
getting caught in the rain - check
walking through the largest flea market - check
taking a picture of a map and using it as a GPS - check
visiting Warterloo and a few other unexpected towns - check
200 km of getting lost - checkbuying too much - check
learning Spanish - check
laughing uncontrollably - check
talking lots of photos - check
surviving the hostels - check
memories of my trip from Brussels to Lille - priceless


finding Minnie Mouse - check

listening to an organ player - check

drinking beer with the guys - check

finding tons of mussels for Todd - check

real tulips - check

anyone looking to plant any flowers?


My favorite town was Ghent. It was absolutely breathtaking. Next was Brugge and then Amsterdam during the day. At night it is a totally different scene and the city is so dirty and filled with crowds - not my kind of fun. After that, Lille and then Brussels. Brussels was a pretty boring and gray city. Not too much to see. All in all, I had a fantastic time and cannot wait to go and explore more of Europe (:


sad to go home

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha Dio boia, "el frocio" est très amusant! Hahaha and remember we took a wrong exit (one of many) soo we kinda saw a bit of Antwerpen and we slept in Ronq, so you know a bunch of other cities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dio boia!!! Great job girl

    ReplyDelete