Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Dic-Nic on the Island


Saturday, May 26th was warm and sunny, a rarity for Compiègne. My friends and I headed into centre ville to go to the wine and cheese fair. Yes France would have a wine and cheese fair. There were tons of different wines but we were all too shy to go up and ask for a tasting. The vendors were more interested in people who actually wanted to buy their wine. After the fair, we headed to the Château to sit and have a snack. We found a secret garden that none of us had ever seen before and decided to eat there.

Later that night we decided to have a dic-nic (dinner pic-nic). I know what you were all thinking! We went to Simply to get some goodies and headed out to the island. Apparently Compiègne does in fact have an island. We walked across the pedestrian bridge and made our way to the tip of the island. Once there we set up camp and enjoyed some food, sangria, and the l’Oise. I had asked my mom for her sangria recipe and decided to give a stab at it. It was delicious!  I guess I got my mom’s gene for making fabulous sangria :) As the sun was setting we packed up and headed back over the bridge. We all stopped to snap a few photos though. The sunset was really pretty.





He was enjoying the sunset too or suicidal!!
Since the finale of Eurovision was airing that night we headed to our friends house to meet up with everyone and watch it on her tv. Eurovision is a singing competition throughout Europe, kind of like American Idol but each European country sends one singer. Sweden won this year with Euphoria. A great song by the way, look it up if you haven’t heard it. All of my Swedish friends were so excited. It was a fantastic day filled with great weather, friends, food, and music!

No comments:

Post a Comment