Saturday, August 20, 2011

Do you know what time it is?

For all of you who know what I am referring to, no I did not find any lemoncello in France; although, I am treating myself to a gin and tonic. I could not find any Bombay Sapphire so I had to settle with Beefeater. It was the first bottle of alcohol I bought in France. I like to be different, most people come to France and buy wine, but not me, I am a gin and tonic girl all the way!

Today I went to Paris even though I said I was staying away for a little while. It was a beautiful sunny day today and I went to Sacré Coeur, my favorite spot in the entire city, and a few other areas. It was the first time venturing around Paris without a Parisien.  Alex and I made our own itinerary as we went and when we got to Sacré Coeur we ate lunch outside at a little café. It was so French! We ordered everything in French and actually received what we ordered. I had smoked salmon atop pasta with pink vodka sauce - it was delicious!

After lunch I got scamed by a guy on the street. He only got 15 euros of mine, when really I won two times and should have won 100 euros. Moral of the day - don't gamble on the streets!

While roaming one of the streets, I found the Bank of China and I attempted to send myself through the mailbox to Elena, but I didn't quite fit! Maybe next time. 

Throughout the day I bought lots of little gifts for everyone. I think I came out with one thing for myself, a green reusable bag with all different cows on it, filled with goodies for everyone else! 

Not sure what the agenda for tomorrow entails, but I will be sure to let you all know if anything exciting happens. For now, back to my gin and tonic (:

No comments:

Post a Comment