Sunday, August 7, 2011

Just a Saturday in Paris

La Tour Eiffel

Yesterday everyone took a trip to Paris. I took my first train ride from Compiègne to Paris. It was not bad at all seeing as I slept most of the train ride! Once we arrived in the Gare du Nord in Paris, we meet up with Nina and Marilyne (who studied at URI last year,  but are from France). From there we went on multiple different metros before ending at Breakfast in America. Yes, the French actually have a restaurant with just American food. The menu was in English and everything. I had the most amazing French toast ever; it was delicious! 


In front of Notre Dame









After breakfast, which by then was really 3pm, we headed to Notre Dame and La Tour Eiffel. Both were beautiful as always. And what would visiting Paris be without a little rain. Just as we walked up to La Tour Eiffel, it started to rain. Mike and Kayla went to the top because they had never been there before. 

Alex, Frenchi, Marilyne, and I decided to go out and explore new places of Paris that Alex and I had not seen before. We went and saw the Opera Garnier, Moulin Rouge, Montmartre, and of course, Sacré CoeurSacré Coeur and Montmartre are my favorite spots in all of Paris (well of the ones I've seen). 

Sacré Coeur
For dinner the four of us headed to a restaurant near the Gare du Nord. I had oysters as my appetizer and then duck as my entree. It was beyond delicious. The duck was cooked just to my liking and was in a balsamic vinaigrette. I felt very French! This was the first time I had been out to dinner since arriving. Let's just say, I may have to pick one day a week where I go out to dinner to try new French foods. They are so yummy!

I could not leave Paris without my fill of crepes so we made a pitstop on our way home. I ordered a crepe au sucre, which is just butter and sugar. It was a perfect way to end a perfect day in France (:

No comments:

Post a Comment