Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Paperwork Galore!

The first few days of class went well minus a pop essay. Yesterday for the afternoon class, we all went on a scavenger hunt around the town and saw a bunch of historical buildings and such. It was really nice out, but tiring.

Also as Kayla, Mike, and I were returning from the boulangerie, I happened to look over and found a George Naumovich roaming the streets, map in hand. He is going to be staying with us for a few days. Last night we went out to a Belgium bar and the beer was very tasty. We also saw the sunset on l'Oise (the river alongside Compiègne), but it was a little cloudy, so it was not too clear.

Today was the day of paperwork. Let's just say that the French could use a little help in the Administrative Dept. as well as organization. I "filled" out paperwork for about 2 1/2 hours this morning and then had to return after lunch to set up my school internet connection, which you would think would be an easy thing. Two hours later, I have WiFi for when I am on campus, which only consist of two really ugly brick buildings connected by a sky walk. Pictures will be coming shortly. 

Tomorrow afternoon the group is off to visit the Chateau de Napoleon so I will let you know how that goes.

à bientôt,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment