Saturday, August 27, 2011

Moving In


Yesterday I moved back into my dorm room. After making two trips using the lovely buses Compiègne has, and with the help of Mike, I finally moved all of my stuff from the house to my dorm room. It would have been much easier if we just had a car. Once arriving, I asked Barbara, my new roommate, if she wanted to go to Simply Market with me. This is the closest grocery store to us.

Not only did I have to say goodbye to Mike and Kayla, I did not see Kitty Kitty on my last day at the house. I was so upset. I will never see that cat again and I didn’t even get to say goodbye. But that was just the beginning of my day at the Mare Gaudry (new home). I go to plug in my computer and within milliseconds the outlet pops and I blow a fuse. Awesome. Not only did I blow the fuse in my room, but in Barbara’s room as well. I really know how to make a good first impression. Next, I attempt to get on the internet but to no avail. Apparently spending two hours to set up the internet on your computer (earlier in the summer), means nothing. And to make matters worse it is now about 4:30pm so everyone has left for the weekend. There were a few other hiccups throughout the process of moving in as well and that was the last straw. I just broke into tears and wanted to pretty much pack up and leave. I called my mom, who at the time was at the bank, a good place to deal with a hysterical daughter explaining what happened while attempting not to cry, but that didn’t happen.  After talking with my mom, Little Blonde Puppy comforted me while I continued on with my not little so breakdown when I decide to start cleaning my room and put up some pictures. Maybe this would help me feel more at home. So I put on some Bruno Mars and got to work. It definitely helped and I had fun decorating. After that, I made a quick dinner, chicken with zucchini and green beans, and then decided it will probably be a good idea to take a nice hot shower.

I go into the bathroom and look at the showerhead that is attached to the tub faucet. I think to myself, exactly how am I going to rinse my hair like that until I noticed that the showerhead is detachable. I turn on the water expecting it to come out of the showerhead, but no, it comes out of the faucet. After a few minutes of fiddling with the faucet and consulting Barbara, I finally have water coming through the showerhead. I hop in and start showering. Just when I put the conditioner in my hair, the water starts to get a little colder so I turn the hot water higher and nothing happens. It gets colder and colder until I am completely shivering. I kid you not; the hot water ran out on me. I could just not win yesterday.

Barbara had invited me to the bar, but I was so emotionally drained from the day and had a splitting headache so I decided to just stay in. I watched Water for Elephants, a fantastic movie by the way, and then headed to bed hoping the morning would bring sunshine and a better day. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it was cold and rainy yesterday too, just to make the day that much better.

Luckily, today Barbara and I went out shopping and I bought a new fuse. We now have outlets that work in our rooms. I also made a new friend today, Jungho from Illinois. He helped me get internet in my room and is pretty much my best friend ever. I gave him a beer for giving me internet; I figured that was a pretty good trade-off. For now we outlets that work and internet, but no hot water. I guess 2/3 isn't too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment